Whitsunday Coast Event Calendar
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 1
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Whitsunday Coast event simply Login
Events in and around Whitsunday Coast
As the Whitsunday Coast region welcomes travelers and locals alike throughout the year, various events provide a great opportunity to engage with the vibrant culture, scenic beauty, and adventure-filled experiences of the region. The following provides a list of the most exciting seasonal events that are worth checking out:
1. Airlie Beach Festival of Music: The festival brings together an impressive line-up of famous musicians to perform on multiple stages in the beautiful outdoor setting of Airlie Beach. This year's dates are November 5th-7th, 2021.
2. Great Barrier Reef Festival: A celebration of the region's lifestyle, arts, and food culture. It runs from August 5th-8th, 2021.
3. Hamilton Island Race Week: The week-long sailing event is said to attract the largest fleet of offshore yachts in Australia. This year's event is on August 14th-21st, 2021.
4. Bowen Foreshore Markets: As long summer days come in full swing, Bowen hosts markets for locals and visitors every Sunday along the beautiful seafront of Foreshore. Selling everything from delicious local produce to creative handmade craft stalls, Bowen Foreshore markets is an ideal place to shop for souvenirs and gifts.
1. Bowen River Rodeo: A marquee event on the North Queensland calendar, Bowen River Rodeo attracts scores of competitors, spectators, cowboys, and cowgirls from across Australia. The rodeo has a full on schedule of entertainment spanning three days and nights in April.
2. Whitsunday Reef Festival: This prestigious event is a vibrant celebration of the pride and history of the Whitsunday region's communities. The festival is characterized by an exciting calendar of parades, live music, food, and events from 5-8 August 2021.
3. Lions Airlie Beach Community Markets: Every weekend, you will find Lions Club's bustling Community Markets outside Coral Sea Resort in Airlie Beach. These open-air markets attract crowds of bargain-hunters and tourists with over 90 stalls offering everything from fresh produce to local crafts.
1. Bowen Fishing Classic: Bowen Fishing Classic is one of the most popular fishing events in the Whitsunday Coast region. The fishing competition is a much-anticipated event with over $100,000 in cash and prizes to be won. The competition is spread over three days in September.
2. Whitsunday Writers Festival: A new and exciting festival that brings together some of Australia's best authors to discuss their work, their journeys, and literary achievements. The 2021 festival will run from 17-19th September, in the heart of Airlie Beach.
3. Whitsunday Hindu Society Diwali Festival: Celebrate the five-day festival of lights at the Whitsunday Hindu Society Diwali Festival in September. The event features cultural dances, street food, and fireworks.
1. Airlie Beach Running Festival: One of the most celebrated running events in the Whitsunday Coast region. Race through beautiful coastal courses with distances of 5km, 10km, half marathon and full marathon. The festival calendar is on 16-17th October, 2021.
2. Great Tropical Jazz Party: The event showcases some of the world's best jazz performers in Airlie Beach. The Great Tropical Jazz festival features a daily program of soulful rhythms and groovy beats accompanied by some fantastic food and drink options in November.
3. Bowen Turf Club Races: Bowen Turf Club holds racing events between May to September each year, offering a chance to mingle with jockeys, owners, and trainers and place a bet or two, with frequent horse races and fascinators galore.
These events reflect a small sampling of the diversity, excitement, and character that can be found on Australia's Whitsunday Coast region. With so many opportunities to engage with the local culture, visitors are certain to find their own unique and memorable experiences. To find out more about these events and to plan your ideal visit, contact the Whitsunday Coast Tourism office at +61 7 4948 5900.