Whitsunday Coast Visitor Information
Welcome to Whitsunday Coast, one of the most beautiful and popular tourist destinations in Queensland, Australia. With its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and picturesque islands, the Whitsunday Coast offers a perfect tropical paradise for those seeking adventure, relaxation, or both.
The Whitsunday Coast is located approximately 1,100 km north of Brisbane and 700 km south of Cairns. The nearest airport is the Whitsunday Coast Airport, which is located approximately 30 minutes from Airlie Beach. Airlie Beach is the main gateway to the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef. Visitors can also reach the Whitsunday Coast by road, rail, or bus.
Things to Do
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef: The Whitsunday Coast is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, which is one of the world's most spectacular natural wonders. Visitors can take a cruise or a helicopter tour to explore the colourful corals, tropical fish, and marine life.
- Visit the Whitsunday Islands: The Whitsunday Islands are a group of 74 islands, each with its unique character and charm. Visitors can take a day trip or a multi-day sailing adventure to explore the islands' beaches, bays, and forests.
- Relax on the Beach: The Whitsunday Coast boasts some of the world's most beautiful beaches, including Airlie Beach, Whitehaven Beach, and Catseye Beach. Visitors can relax on the sand, go for a swim, or snorkel in the waters.
- Take a Scenic Flight: Visitors can take a scenic flight over the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef to see the stunning beauty of the region from above.
- Go Fishing: The Whitsunday Coast is a popular destination for fishing enthusiasts. Visitors can hire a fishing charter or join a group for a day of fishing in the waters of the Great Barrier Reef.
The Whitsunday Coast offers a wide range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly hostels to luxurious resorts. Visitors can choose from hotels, motels, apartments, and holiday homes, depending on their budget and preferences. Some of the popular places to stay in the region include Airlie Beach, Hamilton Island, and Daydream Island.
The Whitsunday Coast has a tropical climate, with warm to hot weather year-round. The wet season is from December to March, with occasional tropical cyclones. The dry season is from April to November, with mild temperatures and low humidity. Visitors are advised to bring sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and light clothing for their trip.
Visit Whitsunday Coast
The Whitsunday Coast is a must-visit destination for those seeking a tropical paradise in Australia. With its stunning natural beauty, endless activities, and friendly locals, the region offers an unforgettable experience for visitors of all ages and interests. We hope you enjoy your stay in the Whitsunday Coast!