Whitsunday Coast Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Whitsunday Coast?
Whitsunday Coast Tourism
The Whitsunday Coastal region in Queensland, Australia is an ideal destination for tourists looking for adventure, relaxation and natural beauty. The region boasts of diverse attractions that cater to different interests and tastes. Here are some of the top tourist attractions in and around the Whitsunday Coast:
1. Great Barrier Reef: The Great Barrier Reef is one of the world’s natural wonders and a must-visit site for avid snorkelers and scuba divers. Located off the coast of the Whitsunday Islands, this expansive reef system is home to an array of marine life, including 600 types of coral, dolphins, turtles and colourful fish.
2. Whitsunday Islands: Fringed with beaches and bushland, the Whitsunday Islands are world-renowned for their scenic beauty. The popular islands in the region include Hamilton Island, Daydream Island, Hayman Island, and Whitsunday Island. Each island has its charm and a range of activities, including water sports, island tours, and relaxation.
3. Airlie Beach: Airlie Beach is the gateway to the Whitsunday Islands, and a bustling town with plenty of shopping, dining, and nightlife options. The town is also home to the Airlie Beach Lagoon, a man-made swimming area surrounded by tropical gardens.
4. Cedar Creek Falls: Nestled in the Conway National Park, about 20 minutes from Airlie Beach, Cedar Creek Falls offers a refreshing escape from the hot tropical climate. Visitors can enjoy a swim in the cascading waterfall, explore the natural rock pools or enjoy a picnic amid lush rainforest.
5. Whitsunday Crocodile Safari: For an adrenaline-fueled adventure, head to the Whitsunday Crocodile Safari. Visitors can take a boat tour of the Proserpine River, where they can spot saltwater crocodiles, rare birds, and other wildlife.
6. Proserpine Museum: The Proserpine Museum provides insight into the region’s history, from the early pioneers to sugar cane farming and beyond. Exhibits include a reconstructed pioneer cottage, machinery and tools from bygone eras, and a display of vintage cars.
7. Conway National Park: Offering an array of bushwalking trails, the Conway National Park is a natural treasure in the Whitsunday Coastal region. The park’s dense rainforest is home to diverse flora and fauna, including the endangered Proserpine rock-wallaby.
8. Bowen Murals: Bowen Murals is a public art project that showcases the town’s rich history and natural beauty through colourful, large-scale murals. The murals depict scenes from the town’s past and present, highlighting the contributions of its people and unique landscapes.
9. Horseshoe Bay: Horseshoe Bay is a popular swimming and picnic spot located on the northwestern coast of Bowen. Visitors can enjoy a relaxing swim, soak up the sun on the beach, or explore the nearby mangroves.
10. Bowen Historical Walk: The Bowen Historical Walk is a self-guided tour that takes visitors on a journey through the town’s history. The walk includes 28 historical sites, including the Bowen War Memorial, Bowen Uniting Church, and Bowen Town Hall.
1. Great Barrier Reef: Phone: 1800 001 633 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Whitsunday Islands: Phone: 07 4946 9999 or email: email@example.com
3. Airlie Beach: Phone: 07 4948 5900 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Cedar Creek Falls: Phone: 07 4946 3261
5. Whitsunday Crocodile Safari: Phone: 07 4948 3311 or email: email@example.com
6. Proserpine Museum: Phone: 07 4945 3962 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Conway National Park: Phone: 13 74 68 or email: email@example.com
8. Bowen Murals: Phone: 07 4786 4222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Horseshoe Bay: Phone: 07 4786 4222 or email: email@example.com
10. Bowen Historical Walk: Phone: 1300 972 753 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you are looking to explore the natural wonders of the Great Barrier Reef or delve into the rich history of the region, the Whitsunday Coastal region has something for everyone. Contact the relevant tourist destinations to make your reservations or get further information.
Whitsunday Coast Tourism Articles